Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My First Gay Date...

Twas the Christmas season of 2000 so gifts were to be purchased. I prepared to leave LA and head to Charlotte to the journeyland that is the Carolina Place mall...on the way I call a buddy and asks him does he want to go, for the sake of this blog we shall said buddy Clay Aiken...Clay and I drive seperately to Charlotte because I live far out in the country so we just meet up there...

CLUE #1 THAT THIS WAS A GAY DATE

First we go around to some stores and I get most of my presents and Clay gets most of his...this shopping outing takes around 3 - 4 hours, thats about 1-4 hours longer than I wanted it to last...

CLUE #2

After this lengthy excursion and along with the conditioning that ive been tricked into that I must eat @ the mall when I go, we went to find something to eat. Clay being the gentleman that he is offers to pay for the meal, i mean im not going to turn a meal down, who would, right ladies?

CLUE#3

After i stuffed myself with free lo mein and general Tsao's, I was ready for a long "-Itis" filled evening in LA to hangout with my sister but those thoughts were curtailed as i was tempted with going to see "crouching tiger hidden dragon" but i declined for the porcelain was calling my name, but then the clincher came "its on me" and i was there like a stuck up girl on a one time date i walked with him to the booth as he ordered both of our tickets...

CLUE#4 - The GIVEAWAY

Deep within a tragic scene of the movie with much blood shed and anticipation in the air, i felt a weight, heavier than gravity yet lighter than an anvil, i knew it had to be a male arm...i looked Clay in the eyes and told him the words no lover wants to hear in the heat of the moment, "i have to shit ill be right back" and just like that the date ended, i left with my presents, the Itis, half a subtitled movie and i guess my dignity...

but did I?

No comments: